Saturday, September 6, 2008

A moment of prayer...


I am the praying type. I am not one to flaunt it or brag about it. To me religion is kind of personal, and I just don't really fit anywhere. I was brought up Catholic and I do believe in God, and most of the teaching I was brought up with. I just believe that the institution is now as corrupt as everything else, but not the teachings or the beliefs. I am not sure God or Jesus would like the Church today. Well, back to prayer....

The last month and a half has brought a lot of people I care about death or illness to people they love.

My friend Jenna lost her grandmother who brought her up after her mom died when Jenna was 12.

My friend Marie has a grand niece who is just months old and is struggling for her little life, and last I heard had gone into cardiac arrest.

My friend Judy lost a close family friend who died across the street from where she was working and she didn't even know it.

My friend Pat, lost her husband when he died in his sleep. He was going to turn 50 this Oct. and I had helped her plan a little of his surprise party in WDW. He left behind two beautiful daughters ages 5 and 8. I can not even begin to tell you how heart wrenching this particular funeral was and how images still haunt me.

At work two teachers have family members in hospice, and another one lost her husband as school ended to cancer.

It has been a hard summer of going to funerals and wakes. I ask if you are reading this if you could please say a silent prayer for the people mentioned above. All could use the support and prayers of even strangers. 

So, today...hug those you love. Tell them you love them and how much they mean to you, because you never know when they will be taken away. Live life like it will be your last day and have no regrets. Life is to be treasured and lived not to be agonized and made sour.

To those of you reading this who are my friends, thank you for your friendship and love. You guys always know how to put a smile on my face, even when you are considered only "internet freaks" You know I love yas! To those of you who read this and I do not know...say hi and maybe we will get to know each other.

God Bless...and please say that prayer.
hugs and love,
glo

4 comments:

MariBy said...

Oh I am so sorry, my friend... :( Many, many hugs...

Mare said...

*Wiping away tears...*

Miss Glo, that was beautiful, and so *very* true. =)

When I lost my sister suddenly, it really changed the way I look at life. Now I celebrate everything (even things that others would think silly), and try really hard not to sweat the small stuff. It makes me sad to think that sometimes we have to experience pain to realize how precious life really is.

Many, many hugs and prayers coming your way...

Chief Squid said...

Hugs and prayers for you and and those who have suffered losses in their lives these past few months

Unknown said...

Prayers said, little woman. Hugs!