Saturday, May 15, 2010

Planning for a trip

I am sitting here on my sofa, watching TV with my youngest daughter thinking of what the heck I am going to blog about. Ghost Whisper does not inspire lots of thoughts on traveling, at least any traveling I want to do anytime soon. My mind begins to wander and I think of how do we even decide on where we want to go each year. Do we see something on TV, because with the plethora of travel info on TV, God knows we never have to leave the sofa. Or is it suggestions we hear from our friends, neighbors or co-workers? Whatever it is, we usually have a strong connection to it. Think about it once the idea takes hold it grows and grows and we plan even if it is something far of in the future. We all have trips we have planned that we haven't taken, but know exactly how we would want it to go. Traveling is something in all of our blood. Something humans have done for as long as there is history.

Now with the internet it is so easy to research where we want to go. We can find where we want to go, who to make it easy to get there, and pay for it without ever getting out of bed.We have it easy compared to our parents, and we have access to places through the internet that they would have never even thought of.  The world is literally at our fingertips. So...take out those travel books, fire up google, and lets get planning!

So, where do you want to go and why? What made you pick your place and what draws you there?

1 comment:

Judy said...

Aside from the need to visit Disney and be immersed in the magic there, I would love to go back to Hawaii. There are so many beautiful places that I saw, but so many left to see!